Free Soul Vegan Protein

Now, I'll start this off by stating I am NOT a nutritionist, nor to I hold any qualifications that justify me giving nutritional advice. What I am saying here is simply my views, based on the experiences I have had, the information I've read, advice I've been given, and products I have tried.

Ok, so now that's out the way - let's talk protein powders! I first started using them about 12 years ago, for the pure purpose of helping to support my workouts as I began lifting weights at the gym. At the time, I had to overcome a lot of preconceptions surrounding all the 'bro' orientated powders stocked at all the health food stores nearby. In regards to something specifically tailored to towards women, 12 years ago, it simply wasn't available.

Luckily, now the market has caught up - protein powders aren't no longer just for dudes!! In fact, the market has caught up so much, there's almost too much out there. Too much that we don't necessarily know which ones to go for, which are going to help us achieve our goals, or which ones will actually taste half decent.... (on a recent insta poll I did, 74% of people said when it comes to protein supplements, taste is more important to them than macros, which I found surprising!)


One day someone will look at me the same way I
look at my Free Soul 

So, for all you hunting down taste, introducing.... Free Soul! I came across this brand back at this years Balance Festival . On the stand, they had a selection of whey and vegan samples to try and, in all honestly, I walked right past it, thinking it was 'just another protein brand'. However, when my friend Amy told me I literally HAD to try them, I took her word and wandered over to the stand. (On a side note, I made her try cauliflower.... I think we know who the better friend is!)

When it comes to type of protein powder, I've previously always favoured whey. The first reason being I tend to drink protein shakes immediately after a workout, therefore prefer the faster absorption properties in whey - basically, the protein reaches your muscle faster. Second reason- and why I tend to choose whey even when I ideally would prefer a slower release protein  (in the evening, for example) - is the taste. The most widely available alternative to whey tends to be a vegan (usually a blend of pea, brown rice, quinoa and/or hemp protein) which - and if you've tried a vegan protein before you'll appreciate when I say - can often take like your eating soil. Some call it 'earthy', I call it gross.

THE Best packaging slogan


Which is why, after trying the Free Soul whey protein, when I was invited to try the vegan blend, I politely refused.

"Honestly, just try a little bit, the chocolate is our bestseller.... we think you'll be surprised!" was their response. Ok, so never one to turn down anything chocolate flavoured, I gave it a go.... and from that moment, I was hooked!!!

Undoubtably the best tasting vegan protein I have ever come across, the chocolately flavouring is rich, but not overpowering; sweet, but not sickly so, and free from the synthetic taste that overpowers most flavoured supplements.

So, given the taste was so incomparable to anything I'd tried before, my head went to the macros (i.e. the carbs, protein and fat content - the macronutrients that make up any food type). Surely I was going to have to sacrifice the macros for the taste here, even just a little?

Homemade Free Soul Protein Balls - best balls I've had in years :P



Turns out, I needn't sacrifice on either! With 20g of protein to only 1g fat/4g carbs, the macros are on a par to most of the top whey brands out there, and even better than the majority of the 'tastes like dirt' vegan brands out there (who generally have a much higher carb and fat to protein ratio). Going beyond the basic macros (which I have been guilty of focusing on, cause #IIFYM), an important part of what Free Soul also offer are the micro nutrients - i.e. the vitamins, minerals, trace elements, phytochemicals, and antioxidants that are essential for good health.


Also offer a range of nutritional vitamins and supplements

More importantly, as Free Soul is targeted specifically towards females, their formula is too - and the blend of natural ingredients is carefully selected to support everything from hair, skin and nails, to bone density and hormonal balance. Without getting too in-depth here, I have spoken out on my instragram about hormone balance and how, in our fitness crazy society, it genuinely scares me the amount of females in fitness who don't receive their monthly cycle.  What was previously referred to by medics as 'The Female Athlete Triad' - which amenorrhea (loss of periods) is a key criteria - is now being more commonly referred to as RED-S (relative energy deficiency in sports) - highlighting that the issue is no longer confined to your athlete, but your everyday girl gym.

I speak from personal experience when I say, this is not normal, and this is not OK. I'm not saying if you are suffering from loss of periods that taking a protein powder will immediately bring them back - there's a whole host of lifestyle factors that need to be taken into consideration - your training schedule, rest, recovery, diet and nutrition. However, if you want to nourish your body with all the nutrition it needs to support an active lifestyle, Free Soul Protein is a pretty good place to start. And it just so helps that it tastes banging too :P

Protein Peanut Butter cups. Yep, I did!


The Need to Know

Highlights- THE TASTE! And the macros!!! Seriously though - when do you ever find something that has incredible ratings on both??

Lowlights - If I had to say something, I'd say it's the fact there's only shakes available. Please Free Soul, some sort of protein bar/ball would be the DREAM!

Where can I buy? - Available to order direct from https://herfreesoul.com , the brand are now also stocked in leading pharmacy's such as Superdrug, and leading fitness studios around London including BXR in Marylebone.

How much is it? A 600g bag RRP's at £24. With 20 servings per bag, it works out at just £1.20 a serving. For something that satisfies my chocolate craving without feeling like a compromise, WHILST upping my protein levels, it's worth every penny!


Free Soul Squad <3

Comments

  1. Your posts are exactly what I am looking for. They are informative and useful. I am able to learn more new things and knowledge. It's good if you upload articles frequently. Thank you for sharing tips and insight.
    autoketing e-mailwithlove
    app free e-mail with love
    koi Nhật

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading I will keep visiting this blog very often.Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    autoketing app, sale notification website, sales pop master online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the great information you have provided! Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    chat facebook facebook inbox, autoketing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was brought up here by a mistake but I kept looking on your website and I found it amazing
    https://autoketing.com
    Shopify free shipping bar app
    Shipping bar shopify

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you provide in your blog site is so superb topic.I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Magnificent work.
    Discount master by autoketing, Discount master by autoketing 2018, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a wonderful site and I really enjoy it the data you shared. These kind of articles keeps the clients enthusiasm for the site, and continue sharing more ... positive conditions
    friv10games club online, kizi-2018 unblocked, Games of gogy xyz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an unprecedented article. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
    gogy Games girl juegos motox3m3 abcya3 2 player

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post! We will be linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the great writing.
    Fortnite Building Simulator GamePlay
    Happy Wheels Game
    Jelly-go Game

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up..
    dynamons world club free games , my friend pedro club for school , pixel gun apocalypse 3 ,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your articles are inventive. I am looking forward to reading the plethora of articles that you have linked here. Thumbs up!
    happy snakes games , beat racer online games to play , free christmas turkey cooking ,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a fondness for your post. They help me when I need to solve problems. They are my cup of tea. Thank you for your contribution to the community.
    free game Toon Cup 2017 Break The Cup For boy play Battle for the Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You.
    Xmas magic tiles online game
    Truck physics games for girls
    Ice cream maker game online

    ReplyDelete
  13. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful
    mr dubstep online , moto x3m 4 winter best online games , santa claus jumpgames to play ,

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free
    bob the robber 4 japan for girls , fireboy and watergirl 4 turkey cooking , mario banzai unblocked games ,

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this.
    miniclip games, a10 games to play, jogos para crianças

    ReplyDelete


  16. food games 2019 online

    basketball free game
    soccer free online
    You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The percentage of the Top 32 meta taken by Yveltal-EX/Garbodor. That's the highest meta share for any deck at a single tournament this season, and the first time this season that a single deck has taken over a quarter of the meta share at a tournament.
    games online for kids
    jogos friv gratis
    gratis jogos 360

    ReplyDelete

  18. Taco Salad
    Volkswagen Golf 1
    World Basket Cup
    I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really make it seem really easy together with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually one thing that I think I might by no means understand. It seems too complicated and very vast for me. I’m looking ahead to your next put up, I will attempt to get the dangle of it!
    Abc ya free games || y8 games online ||friv free games

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of the fine matters about watching soccer video games on line is that they're usually broadcast in HD. This means that the pleasant is higher than what you will typically expect. This is some other purpose that you may revel in watching this sort of recreation on-line over the television.If you're seeking out football games online that are broadcast locally, you'll want to make the effort to look around. There are numerous games that are broadcast in a nearby region. This makes it simpler to get them locally so that you can experience looking the game while not having to tour a protracted manner to see it.
    https://thaisoccernews.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. marathon training,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello welcome. We are from  tristed online gambling site agent   who have always provided some of the best and most trusted gambling sites for all of you. Here I will again recommend some online gambling sites that are very worthy for you to try. Because I am sure you will be satisfied if you join this online gambling site that I would recommend.

    If you want to join the site I will recommend to you. please just enter at a collection of the best and most trusted online gambling sites

    after you click on the link earlier then you will automatically go to my website page. This website provides several qq or online poker gambling sites, of course, with the best quality. And even already have a trusted predicate.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for such informative blog once again & yes i am a vegan too. I am now totally focusing on my diet & health, i have also joined online fitness classes. Please share some tips on it also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wine glasses, Wine glasses online in Dubai, Alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages glasses with new and exciting decorative materials used in party and professional business meetings are available. So the youngsters planning to plan sleepovers with their friends can check all the latest and new glasses in which the thirst for drinks will quench exotically

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey,Nice blog keep posting like this juicy content. Proteins are very important for every people.There are so many vegan sources are available in market but everything is not good for health.I am using vegan way protein powder it gives good result.Thanks for veganway !!! ------->>>>>>Vegan way

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vegan protein is Flavoured using all-natural flavour components and is dairy, soy, and wheat free! Best of all, VEGAN WAY tastes wonderful on its own.Just add VEGAN WAY to a glass of water (12-14 oz of water) and stir gently with a spoon to make a smooth and delicious low-calorie protein shake.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am NOT a nutritionist, nor do I hold any qualifications that justify me giving nutritional advice. What I am saying here is simply my views, based on the experiences I have had, the information I've read, the advice I've been given, and the products I have tried. I a using vegan way protein it gives good results.

    Read more......
    https://article.wn.com/view/2022/04/06/PreSales_Open_Indias_Tastiest_Vegan_Protein_Powder_with_257_/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yeah. The instruction is fantastic. I also recommend that people drink a protein drink like VeganWay after a workout to help with recuperation.

    Read More >> https://www.easternherald.com/2022/04/06/pre-sales-open-indias-tastiest-vegan-protein-powder-with-25-7-grams-of-protein-per-serving/

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is amazing protein supplement and the instructions are good. Thanks. The plant based vegan protein
    is always good and safe also

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice Blog
    You are sharing great information with us. We also have some information about gym and protein supplement
    Omega-3 fish oil Tablet
    Multivitamin
    Tablets

    Branched-Chain Amino Acids protein
    Essential Amino Acids protein

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice Blog
    You are sharing great information with us. We also have some information about gym and protein supplement
    Pre Workout 30 Blue Raspberry
    L-Glutamine Supplement
    BCAA Protein
    Robust Essential Amino Acids Protein

    ReplyDelete
  33. Vegan plant protein powder are easy to digest and these are safe. This is useful for muscles growth and immunity boosting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts