Bye bye summer, bye bye maxi dress!

For me, there are 3 main things which signify the end of Summer - all of which have occurred today:

1. I pack to go back to Uni. After I got to the 3rd box labelled 'shoes', I started to write 'books' on the rest - just a wee white lie that saves a few arguments with my Dad about how many pairs of shoes I actually own! Can't wait to get back to Uni (and Aberdeen in general) - hello freshers week!

2. I start looking towards my autumn wardrobe. I should know better than to just have a 'quick' visit to Topshop during my lunch break! FAR too tempting.

3. The weather takes a turn for the worse. Todays "remnants" of hurricane Katia did wonders for wrecking my perfectly straightened hair. I thought I'd had my share of hurricanes for this month! Although, in all seriousness, the Katia was much worse than Irene (New York's hurricane). Yet did Scotland close anything?! Nope. Yet they say New York is the city that never sleeps!

Whilst I was packing away my summer wardrobe, I came across this maxi (below). I loved it for those sunny days when you want something easy to just through on, but still looks like you've made an effort.  It was £35 from Republic. I used to really not like Republic, but I actually find quite a few nice & reasonably priced pieces in their Miso range (produced by the same company who design for Topshop). My advice, however, would be to stick to the front of the store - I find the clothes get neddier the further back you go!



                                
I'm wearing it with tan coloured wedges from New Look and tribal style wooden bracelets. The flower in my hair is from Primark, and the hat was given to me by 'Visit Scotland' at T in the Park. It did have a purple 'Visit Scotland' ribbon round it, but I managed to pick that off! In the bottom pictures, I've put it with my sequined jacket from Kookai - a light cover up to take for night time.

Being a bit vertically challenged (a nice way to say short!), I really struggled trying to get a maxi that didn't drown me! In the end, I gave up trying, and just got this one taken up by an alterations shop in Perth. They made a great job of it - will definitely take things to be altered there in the future! It gets so annoying having to put things back because they're too long.... if only I had a bit of height! 

What about you guys?? What's been your favourite outfit of the summer?

xx


Comments

Popular Posts