Boxing Skills at BXR, London


BOXING SKILLS AT BXR

As one of London's leading luxury boutique studios, when BXR first opened at the beginning of the year as home to the UK's first ever Versa Climbing studio, it was the Cardio Sweat class that seemed to get all the attention. Sold as the workout favoured by none other than the Victoria Secret models (bod goals!), it's no surprise a plethora of London fitness fiends (myself included) rushed to the studio to try out the new calorie blasting Versa class.

When we were all desperate to climb..

Now, I may have caused a little bit of controversy in my review (check it out here), suggesting the class was good but, at £30 a go, I didn't necessarily think I received any better a workout than I would at e.g. my regular spinning class. That, however, was all about to change.... as I was soon to discover a new favourite obsession - Boxing Skills.

Check in time!

Given the studio is endorsed by heavy weight champion Anthony Joshua, boxing is 'at the heart' of the BXR brand, therefore I had high expectations of the class. Joining top trainer Marcus Parkin one Friday afternoon for a one off Protein World ambassador special (check em out here, their Slender bars are to die for!), it was time to find out - does BXR really have some substance behind all that style?

In short, ABSOLUTELY!


Wall ar

Beginning with a warm up, Marcus guided us through the 'skills' - aka boxing technique - that would feature throughout the class. Then, it was straight into the thick of things, as the music picked up, the lights went down, and the gloves came out!

Definitely not your usual boxing space!

What I loved about Marcus's class was the structure. Split between high intensity boxing drills on the bags, before moving to body weight exercises on the floor, then returning back to the bags, it was a world away from away from the monotonous hamster wheel of a treadmill. Taking us through different sequences all choreographed to upbeat music, on the bag we'd be alternating upper cuts, jabs, hooks and slams, whilst the floor exercises included burpees, press ups, leg raises, tuck jumps, mountain climbers.... and more or less every other horrible, horrible bodyweight move you can think of! The class was fast paced, energetic and TOUGH - in the best way possible.

Sana and I, being silly post full body blast

Not only was the class tough in itself, but what really surprised me was the DOMS I felt the next day. Thinking boxing was much more cardio based, I never expected my arms to ache quite so much from a workout not involving weights! Yet I was very pleasantly surpised.

The upstairs gym (may have sneaked up!)

And of course, there's that studio. A million times away from your traditional boxing venue, BXR its edgy and industrial, yet sleek and polished. The boxing room features dimmed lighting, mirrored walls and more punch bags then you could ever dream of, then you're out into the sophisticated and swanky environment of BXR itself. Whilst the second floor is home to the members only gym, the ground floor is dedicated to the Pay as You Go 'Sweat' Concept, alongside a Joe & The Juice bar perfect for refuelling, and THOSE changing rooms....

Changing room GOALS!
DREAM!

BXR, perhaps Versa wasn't my thing. Perhaps it was just my mood that day. Regardless, Boxing Skills has most definitely proved there's a LOT of substance behind all your style, and I will 100% be back!!

To find out more about the studio and book in for your class, visit https://bxrlondon.com/.




Comments

  1. Great post! This is the first time I am visiting your site… Its cool and I like your template. More over, the quality of your posts are just awesome! i If you want more information click on below

    Health and Fitness Inspired Food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate for this great information,I think this article has a lot of information needed. Thanks to your sharing, I can enrich my knowledge.They are useful pieces of advice.
    Shopify free shipping bar app shipping bar shopify autoketing app

    ReplyDelete

  3. food games free
    basketball games free
    soccer free games
    I really appreciate for this great information,I think this article has a lot of information needed. Thanks to your sharing, I can enrich my knowledge.They are useful pieces of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
    jogo io online
    free online friv Games
    play 2 player games

    ReplyDelete

  5. Pizza Cafe free online
    Arcade Golf games
    Sports Heads: Ice Hockey games online
    Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts