Parka trend

With the subzero temperatures in Aberdeen making us all wish global warming would hurry up, it gives a great excuse to splurge on a key Winter trend - the Parka jacket. The Parka has been seen on many of the Autumn Winter catwalks, from Alexander Wang to Marc Jacobs. Kate Moss and Pixie Lot are amongst many celebrities quick to embrace the utilitarian chic coat . Unsurprising, considering the jacket is both functional and fashionable - a rareity in the fashion world!

With the lousy scottish weather, something to cover our heads/hair is essential, and many of the high street options feature a gorgeous fur trimmed hood (in-keeping with the faux-fur theme this winter too). Colour wise, go for olive, camel or brown, but team it with pretty accessories to jazz it up a little. River Island has some fab chunky knit scarves, and make sure to add some pink lipgloss and a cute hair accessory to keep it looking feminine. Stylish and snug!

I bought the New Look one, my favourite, with a belt around the waist, allowing you still to create a feminine shape under all that bulk. I'm wearing it below with my Faith pink snood - bought last year, before the company went bust :( .

I'm looking for a hat in the same colour, as the one I'm wearing below (from White Stuff) doesn't quite match.... but it does for now! I tried it out wearing my chunky knit white scarf and hat, both from Accessorize, but feel it needs a brighter colour to give the dark green a bit of life, else it looks a bit drab. Mind you, I guess thats in-keeping with the weather at the moment!

 

 

Comments

  1. Siobhan-Dunienville10 December 2010 at 18:12

    I so wanted a parka this winter but again ran out of cash :( but loving the new look one, never saw it when i was looking for one ha. maybe manage to grab one in the sales! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts