I told you hiking boots were versatile!!

Wore my hiking boots a few days ago for a night out, and thought I'd post it up as a continuation on my hiking boots post (see bottom of the page). I bought the dress in Miss Selfridge - it has stretchy ribbed panels on the side, which means it has a perfect fit. With very little bust, strapless dresses are usually a no-go area for me, so I was delighted when I found this one :-)

It went perfectly with my hiking boots, making it a bit edgier. I wore it with a black leather jacket and chunky black jewellery to add to the look.

I'd also forgotten about these purple leather hiking boots I got in Zara....

I LOVE them!! They have just the right size of heel, and are on-trend with their side buckle too. They are fleece lined inside, making them nice and cosy for this Winter weather. I like folding the top bit down to expose the fleece lining. I got them at the beginning of this year, reduced from £45 to £35, probably because they were going out of season. So act wisely in the January sales and try to predict what will be wearable in the Winter to come! Generally basics are wardrobe staples are always safe, however I find if a trend appears very late in the season (like the hiking boots last Winter, which never really had a chance to catch on), generally it will be back the next season. Hence why I HAD to buy the boots :-)

Comments

Popular Posts